Sunday, February 13, 2011

Whoa baby!

So here we are. Week 18 and we get another ultrasound! I'm pretty excited, except for the fact that we're sticking with the plan of not finding out the sex, which makes it harder, because I WANT TO KNOW!!!!!! It's especially hard since I've started looking at ideas for Baby K's room. I thought I'd do a pic of me with a shirt covering my belly, so you can see that I'm actually starting to show when I'm wearing a tighter shirt :)


I thought I'd give everyone a little sneak peak at some of the ideas I've been throwing around for Baby K's room. Since we're planning on not finding out, I'm going with some more neutral colors and then will have to accent with pink if it's a girl or boy colors if it's a boy. A neutral theme is harder than you think but I've come across a lot of ideas for colors, like yellow and grey (then I could accent with pinks/oranges if a girl or turquoise, blues or greens if a boy). I think this is what I'm thinking will be the colors right now, but who knows, it could easily change!

I've liked this crib the best ever since I started looking at them. It also comes in all espresso color. Might go with that too...just not quite sure yet. Can't wait to post pics of Key assembling...haha...should be great!


I found this custom crib bedding set designer on Etsy.com. Buttercup Forrest. She has tons of fabrics to choose from and I'm planning on just doing sheets and a blanket from her and maybe doing accent pillows in more gender specific colors once Baby K comes. I could probably attempt making these with the sewing machine my mom got me for Christmas this past year...but I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle that at this point. Any sewers out there...I would pay you too!!


Japanese paper lanterns are a really fun idea that I think I'm going to incorporate into the baby's room. I love the soft glow they provide and they come in soooo many different colors!

Other things I've been looking at are those huge stickers that are in shapes of trees. I don't know why, but I've always liked trees and am actually very attracted to pictures of trees and have several of them in our home. There is something that is just very calming about them to me. Ok. Good for now. We'll keep you posted after this weeks appointment!

Jill

1 comment:

  1. You look great Jill! I think this is one baby I am most excited to meet!! Great ideas for the room too!!

    ReplyDelete