Dreams are the theme this week (week 19) and they are crazy! I'm not sure how accurate they are but I definitely dreamed I was having a boy this week. And he was no regular sized lad. He was born about 1 1/2 months early and had legs longer than some of the full term babies in the nursery. Everyone kept looking in at him and then looking at Key and commenting on his long legs and how he was definitely going to be a basketball player. This didn't really bother me too much until I noticed how abnormally large his head was also. I mean, it was HUGE! The circumference of babies' heads are supposed to be bigger than their chest circumference during the first year or so of life, but this baby had a near watermelon for a head. I woke up in a near panic about this "alien child" as it was in my dream. It's funny because this is not my only very vivid dream...they've all been like this lately. Very detailed, very interesting.
According to world-renowned psychologist and dream expert, Patricia Garfield, author of Women's Bodies, Women's Dreams, dreams during 1st trimester usually are centered around anxiety about birth/motherhood, self-consciousness about your changing body, and awareness of amniotic fluid (dreams with water in them). Second trimester dreams are more about the mother-baby connection, insecurity about appearance, & worry about your mate's love or commitment. The last 3 months are dominated by predicting your baby's sex, choosing a name, or imaging it's face. So, needless to say, according to Pat, I'm a little ahead of schedule on my dreams. However, I have had some interesting ones that fall into other categories...but we won't get into those today :)
Sweet dreams everyone!
xoxo
Jill, Key, Baby K & Mr. Wally
No comments:
Post a Comment