love love love love love love love
love was in the air in Iowa City the first week of February
(and so was about 18 inches of snow)....luckily, I didn't have to work much last week,
so I was able to bake some Valentine's sugar cookies. I stayed inside all day Wednesday, worked on homework, and baked. Now, I know everyone has their favorite sugar cookie recipe, but I have to say, I love this recipe from my friend Heidi's mom, Josie. When we were growing up, Heidi's mom always made these and had them available for all the kids who showed up at her house. I love them because of the lemon extract. Now, I know prego mammas aren't supposed to have raw eggs, hence, no dipping the finger in the cookie dough...but you know me...I had to have a little small taste :)
One of the many bennies of being pregnant...no snow removal or shoveling for me!!
love love love love love love love love
Baby K at 17 weeks!! No more nausea, more energy. I am noticing my stomach grow in the past 2 weeks or so though and so is Key. After the photo today, he told me to suck in my stomach, and I did my best to and he started laughing and said "That's it??" Little things tell me he's really excited though, for example, the other night he came home after refereeing a basketball game & going out for a few drinks with the guys. I was asleep, but he preceded to start rubbing my stomach and talking to it with his face right down by my belly button. It was pretty annoying at the time because I was trying to sleep, but really, a very cute daddy thing to do.
Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day enjoying it with the one or one's you love :)
xoxoxo
Jill & Key
Jill- YOu look absolutely fabulous!! My vote is don't find out!! Congrats girl! Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDelete