1/2 way already! Key and I went for our 20 week ultrasound today. It was quite the experience. We held strong and didn't ask to find out the sex :) Baby K was 13 oz. and was very active. (S)he was sucking its thumb, had one leg kicked up in the air and was kicking/hitting me with its feet and hands. We could even see it moving its mouth and seeming to smile! The placenta looked good and wasn't anywhere near the cervix, so that's a good thing. The head is on the right side of my body and the rump is on the left. The head is pretty large right now compared to the rest of the body, which might explain why the other night I had this sudden sharp pain under my right rib cage. It went away, but oh my goodness...it was quite the pain! I also randomly had a charlie horse in my right calf the other night and have not been sleeping the best. I just can't seem to get comfy...but I'm sure that will get much worse!
We have been quite productive since my last post. We have the carpet laid in the bedroom downstairs, so now Key and a buddy can move all the furniture from the spare room downstairs to create room for the baby. Once that's done, we need to paint the room and then we'll get some new carpet! I picked up some paint swatches the other day and think I'm going to do a light grey with a thick yellow stripe about 1/3 down from the ceiling with a thinner stripe that will be either magenta or turquoise once the baby is born and we know the sex. We've also gotten the crib in the mail and I found a really good deal on a Thomasville used dresser at a local consignment store. Key is slowly getting used to the fact that Baby K has to have some stuff of its own :) Slowly, but surely...Lastly, my bod is changing, which is such an interesting thing to experience, I must say. I'm definitely now showing to those who know me, but no random strangers coming up to me yet just feeling my stomach (kind of glad for that!). Well, I think that's good for now...enjoy the pic of Baby K!

No comments:
Post a Comment