Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Randoms from summer

Well, it's hard to believe summer is already winding down and I am starting back to school next Monday...thank goodness only 1 class this semester! Key and I are getting psyched for Iowa Football season and are even more thrilled we were able to snag 2 season tickets, 30 rows back, on the 30 yard line!

I know it's been forever since I chatted about my life and posted some pics, so here we go with some summer randoms.

KEY HAS PLAYED LOTS OF GOLF....


As you all know, Key loves to golf and he has been doing a lot of it this summer! He takes me out every once in a while, but I usually get a little crazy. I love being on the golf course, enjoying the summer greenery and warmth of the sun, it's the hitting the ball part I'm not so crazy about. Nonetheless, I sneak my Berry Weiss Leiny's on the course and usually have one down by the end of the first hole! This is Key's pregnant pose...and me posing with his duck head cover.


LOTS OF BAKING WITH FRESH FRUITS & VEGGIES....

This was a night that Key and I had Brad & Kelsey over for dinner. I made Tortilla Chips with Homemade Guacamole & Salsa, Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken abed a serving of Hatch Chile Rice. For dessert we had the Lime Tarte with Blackberries pictured below. We had a great time!



Here's a Lime Tart with Blackberry's I made for a dinner with the Virkler's at our place.

This was a beautiful night across the farm fields of Iowa. You can't tell completely from the pic, but the colors were so gorgeous that I stopped my car, rolled down my window, and took a picture. It took my breath away!


This is a pic of my mom and Ryan with my mom's homemade jam. My mom and I went to the Master Gardner's garden in Urbandale for a special night when all the gardeners were showcasing their gardens and homemade items. She made gooseberry, blackraspberry, raspberry, and cherry jams....and they were soooo good!

I think that pretty much will do it for now. To all my readers out there (all 3 of you), I will try and update more often....time just flies when you're having fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment