Monday, July 5, 2010

Farmers Markets

Des Moines Farmer's Market.....
This past Saturday, Debbie and I went to the Farmer's Market downtown. We had lots of fun just walking around, looking at all the beautiful, vibrant colors of fruit, veggies, and flowers.

The highlight of the morning for me was when we decided to take shots of wheatgrass. I had always heard wheatgrass juice was good for you, so we gave it a whirl. The vendors told us a little 2 oz. shot of wheatgrass was equivalent to eating 2 and 1/2 lbs. of green leafy veggies! I was impressed!! The company is local and called Grade A Grass. Check 'em out at www.gradeagrass.com and see all the bennies of drinking wheatgrass.















BUY LOCAL...
I encourage everyone to check out your local farmer's market.
Not only is it a fun time, but it feels good supporting your local farmers!

No comments:

Post a Comment