This is a picture of Key and I before going to the Blue Rose Gala fundraiser for the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Iowa. Working with people who have cancer on a daily basis is a very rewarding thing to be involved in. It has literally changed my perspective on life and the things that are truly important. There are days when it is hard to go into work, but I am so grateful to have the opportunity to help people during their time of need. It is so interesting to see the power of the human spirit and how strong the human mind and body can be. I am so encouraged by the progress that cancer research has made in the past 15 years, but we have soooo far to go. I encourage everyone to make a connection to cancer patients and cancer research in some way...whether it be donating to the American Cancer Society or foundation like it or running or walking in an event that raises money for cancer research. We have come so far, but we can't stop now.
No comments:
Post a Comment